About the role
Who we are: at Action for Happiness Australia (AfHA) we aim to create a happier and more compassionate society by helping individuals and communities take practical action to improve their own wellbeing and make others happier too. We are part of a global movement of people from all walks of life who are taking action in their personal lives, communities, workplaces and schools to help create a happier and more caring society. We apply the growing wealth of scientific evidence of what really works.
We are backed by leading experts from diverse fields including psychology, education and economics, and our patron is His Holiness the Dalai Lama. We have no religious, political or commercial affiliations and welcome people of all faiths (or none) and all parts of society.
We’re entirely volunteer-run and we’re looking to grow our team so we can have more impact.
- This role is perfect for an ‘all-rounder’ who is willing to support the team on wide ranging tasks including projects and events, the development of Happtivist Hubs and with volunteer recruitment
- Supporting with marketing and fundraising initiatives to help increase our reach
- Attend and actively participate in bi-monthly operations meetings (meetings occur after hours and are generally 2 hours in duration)
- Excellent attention to detail and writing skills
- This role is perfect for those who are self-motivated, organised and love working independently with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ideally, experience in projects, events, volunteers or admin will be helpful
- A passion for wellbeing, psychology or health is preferred
Hours and Resources:
- This role is very flexible and is done completely remotely; there are no set hours although we ask that you attend a bi-monthly operations meeting (in the evening) in person or via Zoom
- We’re looking for someone who can invest at least 2-hours a week, if you’re able to contribute more, that’s fantastic!
- To do this role, you’ll need access to your own computer and phone
About the organisation
How to apply
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the role
Please quote in application: Project Officer (volunteer role) via Pro Bono Australia.