About the Role
Turning streets into communities is the focus of a national project that is forging links on a local level and fostering an Australia-wide network of groups. The Street by Street project helps bring neighbours together, providing resources and support. We have neighbour groups and a project team in five States / Territories. You can check us out at www.streetbystreet.org.au
To increase awareness of the Street by Street project and grow the number of Street by Street groups.
A member of the Promotion & Admin Team, your role is to undertake promotional activities, such as:
• Propose and pursue media opportunities.
• Enlist compatible organisations to support and promote Street by Street.
• Carry out strategies to get the message to community minded people.
• Support our social media strategies.
• Internet research
• Send promotional messages
• Attend meetings and give presentations or talks about Street by Street (optional).
We are looking for people who:
• are interested in being part of a project that turns streets into communities
• are proactive, reliable and organised
• have good communication skills
• have media and promotion experience (desirable)
What help will we give you?
You’ll work with guidance from the Project Manager. You’ll be able to use existing promotional material and we have a graphic designer on the project team to help with new material.
What will you get from this?
• Satisfaction from contributing to a great community building project.
• The opportunity to put your promotion and / or media skills to good use and possibly expand those skills.
• Experience working on a national project, with a Project Team, currently spanning 5 States / Territories.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0413706233
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Promotion and Publicity Officer via Pro Bono Australia.