About the role
Neighbourhood Connect is a national not for profit community organisation. We are helping
people across Australia to create neighbourhood groups – to encourage happier, safer and more
connected communities. Because life is better when we belong.
We have a national project team and neighbour groups in all States and Territories. Everyone
involved is passionate about creating and supporting communities. The project is unfunded; we
are all contributing on a voluntary basis.
You can check us out at http://www.neighbourhoodconnect.org.au
We’re looking for more people to join our Project Team to contribute to the success of
To expand Neighbourhood Connect through leading a team to get our message out to relevant
groups and organisations.
Your challenge is to achieve the following outcomes:
• People contact us expressing their willingness to initiate a neighbour group (Connectors)
• Groups that only connect online take up our offer to help them connect in real life
• Existing neighbour groups join the Neighbourhood Connect Network
• know how to lead on promotion (ie to drive this area, not just contribute)
• have good judgement to determine the right message for specific groups
• are interested in contributing to a community building project aiming to create a
connected neighbourhoods movement
• have good promotion, communication and mentoring skills
• are self-motivated, goal driven and reliable
As our Promotion Outreach Leader you will:
• Lead a small team who use social media, emailing and other methods to get our message
out to the right groups and organisations.
• Lead on identifying, planning and implementing promotion outreach strategies (such as
sending messages to relevant Facebook groups, sending out newsletter items, messages
for volunteers at other organisations…)
• Mentor and motivate team members who contribute to Promotion Outreach
• Liaise with the Leadership Team
• Suggest ways of strengthening the messages we use in Promotion Outreach.
What help will we give you?
• Help and advice from Maureen Maher, Communications Manager, via phone and email
• Video conference meetings for the Communications Team.
What will you get from this?
• You’ll be contributing to the success of a national community building project which is
making a positive difference in many people’s lives
• The opportunity to use or develop your promotion outreach skills
• The opportunity to use or enhance your leadership, mentoring and communication skills
• Being part of a national project and seeing it grow and develop
• A reference and referee to assist with your career.
Is this a big commitment?
This can be done on top of a busy life. The amount of time you can contribute and when you do
this is up to you, but we would like a minimum of half a day a week. Your work is done from
your home (there is no office).
Take the next step
Apply to Irene Opper, National Manager, email@example.com with the
• why this interests you
• your experience with promotion, achieving outcomes and leading others
• your CV
• your contact details.
If you have any questions please call Irene on 0413 706 233.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0413706233
Please quote in application: Promotion Outreach Leader via Pro Bono Australia.