About the Role
HerSpace is seeking a volunteer Research Support Officer to join their learning and effectiveness team. The Research Support Officer will work closely with the Team Manager to ensure that our community programs, advocacy and campaigns are informed by research and evidence.
– Undertake research on the issue of sexual exploitation that includes sub-issues of: sexual trafficking; sex slavery; street sex work; brothel based work; child marriage; escort work and other areas of sexual exploitation in Australia
– Write 8 separate 6-8 page research reports for each of the HerSpace programs including a broad literature review exploring the prevalence of sexual exploitation in Australia, its causes, unaddressed trauma, available therapeutic interventions, case studies and best practice and the need and relevance of the specific program that HerSpace offers
– Work with the Communications Project Officer to produce a media piece with info-graphics based on each of the research reports that can be used for website, social media. This will be a short, easy to read summary, in the format of a pdf poster for online, and a double sided A5 flyer for meetings with funders and other stakeholders.
– Present this information to HerSpace management
– Assist the Learning and Effectiveness team in the preparation of project reports and presentations
– Contribute to update HerSpace’s website and research database by working with web designer and communications project officer to ensure the HerSpace website is up to date with research articles, providing a 150-word case study per month, and publishing all research reports and research media flyers
– Undertake any other research work as required within the team
Key Selection Criteria
– Experience in conducting a literature review;
– Strong critical report-writing skills;
– Ability to work independently;
– Strong organisational skills.
– An understanding of sexual exploitation and related issues in Australia and internationally;
– An understanding of feminist theory.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : +61423032011
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Research Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.