About the Role
Wesley Mission Queensland are seeking volunteers to assist as part of our resident liaison team at our Anam Cara aged care community at Bray Park.
The role includes:
* Welcoming new residents;
* Liaising with current residents;
* Assisting residents with minor requests and queries;
* Reporting any feedback or requests through to the appropriate staff persons; and
* Contributing to positive and encouraging interactions with our residents to maintain an enriched lifestyle.
The role of Resident Liaison Volunteer is suitable for people who have well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display calm, caring and empathetic manner.
This position would be an ideal for Allied Health, Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, Social Science, Humanities, Communications and/or Community Services students or anyone with an interest in gaining some experience in the community services or aged care fields.
Shifts are available seven days a week between 8am-12pm and 2pm-6pm.
Volunteers will be provided:
* A uniform.
* Morning tea, lunch and/or afternoon tea provided depending on their shift time.
* Orientation and training on the internationally-recognised Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care.
* Volunteer benefits through our extra incentives program.
Anam Cara means ‘Soul Place’ and is an innovative and award-winning aged care community. Anam Cara is home to residents who live across six custom-designed houses interconnected by outdoor walkways that give the community an open, resort-style feeling. The six houses are all single storey with easy access to expansive outdoor gardens, where residents can entertain family and friends in the BBQ area and children’s playground.
Anam Cara has embraced the internationally-recognised Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care. In 2011, Anam Cara became the first aged care home in Queensland to be awarded full Eden in Oz & NZ registration and only the second nationwide.
Anam Cara is a lovely, welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally.
To apply please click on this link: WMQ VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 07 3621 4300
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Resident Liaison Volunteer – Anam Cara, Bray Park via Pro Bono Australia.