About the role
We are looking for someone to fill our “Resources” role. The position will begin as a trial. The right person will be invited to join our Board of Directors. The role is done completely remotely. All you need is access to a computer and a reliable internet connection. You would, however, be required to attend our annual board and members meetings in October. These were in Brisbane last year and they are likely to be in Brisbane again this year or perhaps Melbourne. The meetings are held over two days over the weekend (all expenses are paid).
The resource group’s function is to work with the sleep disorders’ coordinators and marketing director to ensure all SDA resources are up to date and distributed when necessary. The role does not take up a lot of time, particularly considering we have only just recently updated most of our resources. We distribute copies of our information book twice a year around October and April. It is around these months that you will be required to do the bulk of your duties. This requires arranging the printing of our information booklet and then distribution to sleep clinics, doctors and various other allied health professionals via courier. Word, Excel and Powerpoint (or similar) experience is necessary. Powerpoint or similar is necessary for our visual presentation. Experience editing PDFs and basic graphic design experience is also necessary (for simple edits to our brochures and other printed resources).
The following are the duties that the resources officer is responsible for:
- Maintain a comprehensive library of resource materials that are consistent with SDA’s mission, brand, and image including printed literature, videos, and slideshow presentation.
- Help produce new information brochures or other resource materials when additional topics become desirable.
- Work with the sleep disorder coordinators and marketing director on any necessary updates to SDA’s resources.
- Provide appropriate materials to SDA officers when required.
- Monitor quantities and plan annual needs for resource materials. Arrange printing for new and existing resources when necessary.
- Distribute resources including SDA’s information booklet and sleep disorder and related information brochures to sleep clinics, doctors and other allied health services.
Sleep Disorders Australia is Australia’s peak patient body for sleep disorders. We are a voluntary Not for Profit organisation that provides information and offers support and assistance to people and their families who are affected by sleep disorders throughout Australia. We also advocate for the needs of people with sleep disorders and raise awareness of sleep disorders and the significance they can have on the lives of those affected by them.
We work with a range of sleep health professionals, organisations, research centres and peak bodies including the Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, Australasian Sleep Association, Hypersomnolence Australia and the Sleep Health Foundation.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0405917736
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Resources Coordinator (Director) via Pro Bono Australia.