About the role
What is RunForestRun?
A Melbourne-based fundraiser “fun run”. Our key objective is to give people an enjoyable, accessible-for-all platform through which they can directly contribute to recovery efforts for the Victorian bush-fires.
We are partnered with BlazeAid, to whom all proceedings will go to.
Our team is currently on the lookout for Safety and Emergency Managers to help us organise our event.
(1) Safety Manager responsibilities:
- Develop a crowd management plan outlining crowd control strategy.
- Develop a pedestrian management plan for approval by City of Melbourne.
- Compile a infrastructure and facilities list.
- Monitor staff to evaluate if health and safety laws are being followed.
- Investigate on-site accidents.
- Prepare reports for management.
(2) Emergency Manger responsibilities:
- Identification and measurement of potential risks, together with the proposed management and mitigation strategies of those risks.
- Emergency management and planning (including first aid, evacuation, weather contingency etc).
- Work with Event Operations Coordinator to ensure a quick and effective response in the event of an emergency.
- Work closely with Safety Manager in developing strategies.
- Experience as a health and safety coordinator.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Working knowledge of laws and law enforcement practices.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Safety/Emergency Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.