About the Role
LOCATION: 219 Johnston St, Fitzroy
HOURS: 6-8 hours/week, any day from Mon-Thur
Summary of program and its objectives
Saver Plus was developed in 2003 by the Brotherhood of St Laurence and ANZ, and is now delivered in 60 locations across Australia, in every state and territory, with the help of Berry Street, The Benevolent Society, The Smith Family, and other community organisations. Saver Plus is a free matched savings and financial education program that can help ease the stress, by matching your savings for school costs, dollar for dollar, up to $500. Learn more about the program on the Saver Plus page.
Main responsibilities of the role
1. Researching and supporting the local Save Plus six month promotion plan, which may involve:
Researching the local community using the internet and other sources; identifying opportunities for community development in a particular geographical area.
2. Performing general administrative duties, which may involve;
General participant communication; planning and organising meetings, database work, sending promotional emails and other ad hoc email communication; filing.
3. Potential for translation and interpreting (support and up-skilling will be provided)
Interpreting and translating phone calls; interpreting and translating Saver Plus workshops.
4. Equal Employment and Opportunity
The Brotherhood is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Therefore, Brotherhood policies and EEO legislation bind all employees and volunteers. All Brotherhood staff, paid and volunteer must be committed to a work environment free from discrimination and harassment and bullying.
To meet the selection criteria, candidate will require:
* demonstrated exceptional organisation skills with an eye for detail
* experience using Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
* excellent phone manner, communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to quickly develop rapport with people of all abilities and backgrounds
* motivated to work towards the Brotherhood of St Laurence’s values – to prevent and alleviate poverty across Australia
* ability to speak Vietnamese preferred but not essential
* currently studying or completed study in Social Science and/or Community Development preferred but not essential
* understanding of empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
* advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and experience preparing detailed reports and manuals
* understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
* willingness to undergo a satisfactory Police Check and Working with Children Check.
To learn more, view the position description or phone Volunteer Services on (03) 9483 1390.
Email your written application to email@example.com along with a resume and filled screening questionnaire. Please note that applicants who do not fill out the screening questionnaire will not be shortlisted.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0394831390
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Saver Plus Support Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.