About the role
Empowered Together is looking for a passionate and motivated young leader to join our Schools Team as a Schools Manager. Empowered Together is a non-for-profit organisation that works towards the peer led primary prevention of sexual violence by running workshops in secondary schools.
The Schools Manager is primarily responsible for creating and maintaining strong relationships with schools and other community groups.
The key duties include:
• Cultivating new relationships with schools by contacting school representatives regarding Empowered Together’s workshops
• Working with the Chief Schools Officer to manage the portfolio of school contacts
• Booking workshops and liaising with the Workshops Team to manage facilitators
• Analysing feedback and evaluation to ensure continuous positive relationships with schools
• Attending meetings with schools as needed
• Engaging with the greater community through events and other external opportunities that may arise
We are looking for someone who:
• Is deeply passionate about the primary prevention of sexual violence
• Is personable and enjoys creating connections with stakeholders in the education sector
• Has strong communication skills and enjoys creating and strengthening relationships with schools
• Is organised, diligent and can take initiative in seeking new contacts
• Works well in a team but is also able to work independently
The successful applicant will be expected to commit 5 – 8 hours a week, the applicant should allocate time during school hours (8:30am – 3:30pm) to contact and take meetings with schools.
The successful applicant will be expected to commit to the role for a year.
This is a volunteer position with Empowered Together.
Joining our Schools Team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual violence.
As Schools Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
• Gain invaluable practical experience in communication and stakeholder management
• Develop skills in organising contact databases and client relationships
• Be at the forefront of educating the broader society on consent and sexual assault
• Work with a dedicated group of young individuals
• Attend events on behalf of Empowered Together
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Chief Schools Officer Reegan Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close by 15 March 2020.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Schools Manager via Pro Bono Australia.