About the Role
The Secretary works with the team, particularly the President and Treasury, to help manage and implement our programs and initiatives.
We’re looking for a confident communicator and masterful time manager, someone who has a knack for getting things done. Not satisfied with the status quo, you’ll show high-level initiative and problem-solving capabilities and a willingness to share your thoughts and opinions with the team.
At YouthReach, we do things differently. As our Secretary, you’ll work alongside our current Secretary Bridget, to keep the organisation running smoothly and to build momentum within the team. You’ll also bring your existing skills in either Partnerships and Funding, or Media and Communications to the team and contribute to one of these areas.
If you’re up for a challenge and keen to bring your passion and initiative to the team, get in touch!
Duties – as Secretary
– Communicate with all members of the organisation in order to keep YouthReach running as smoothly and as continuously as possible, such that everyone can fulfil their individual roles to a high standard
– Work cooperatively with the existing Secretary to evenly distribute and action tasks, as required
– Maintain and implement the organisation’s meeting schedule, including developing and circulating Meeting Agendas and Meeting Minutes
– Lead and contribute to organisation-wide culture-building initiatives
– Implement key recruitment activities end-to-end, from drafting position descriptions, to shortlisting and interviews through to onboarding and training
– Work with the Treasury and President to maintain accurate and up-to-date legal records of the organisation
– Liaise and file reports with Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV), the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC) and the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), as required
– Support the President and Vice-President in communicating with key external stakeholders, including attending and representing the organisation at various meetings
Duties – working as part of the Partnerships and Funding OR Media and Communications Team
– Work closely with the Director of Partnerships and Funding OR Director of Media and Communications to implement key initiatives
Professional Skills/Desired Attributes
– Advanced proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook)
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Demonstrated ability to take initiative, to work independently as well as part of a team
– High attention to detail, excellent organisational and time management skills
– Outstanding ability to work effectively within a small team environment
– A flexible approach to availability (attendance at weekly meetings with the President, with the team and at other ad-hoc meetings will be required and shared with our current Secretary)
– Capacity to use Slack – our team communication software – or willingness to develop skills in the same
– Knowledge and skills in either of Partnerships and Funding or Media and Communications and a willingness to apply these
– Knowledge of strategic design and human-centred design concepts, or a willingness to develop these
The Secretary position involves working primarily from home, with flexibility to meet and work alongside our current Secretary and President. The incumbent is expected to attend our weekly face-to-face meeting on Tuesday evenings, or attend these via Zoom/Skype.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Roy Hammond-Thomas, President/Founder
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Secretary via Pro Bono Australia.