About the Role
Human and Hope Association Inc. is a registered charity that empowers communities to address inequalities. We achieve this through two approaches:
– Raising awareness in Australia about the unintended consequences of voluntourism and advocating for a local approach to development.
– Supporting a grassroots community centre in Cambodia who run education, vocational training and community development programs that alleviate poverty.
We are a fundraising and advocacy organisation and are on the lookout for someone to join our board as a Secretary. The Secretary is primarily responsible for record-keeping that is of a non-financial nature and is also responsible for keeping record of correspondence.
The Secretary can expect to spend about 4 hours per week on independent work and attend a two-hour monthly meeting.
COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS (ROLE RELATED)
• Highly developed organisational skills, including the ability to set priorities and complete tasks to deadlines
• Experience in administration and minute taking
• Professional experience with leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy or the not-for-profit sector
• Experience with creating innovative fundraising strategies
COMPETENCIES (PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
• Passion for localization and Cambodian-driven solutions – understanding that the local way is the best way when it comes to sustainable development;
• Integrity – fulfilling a director’s duties and responsibilities, acting ethically, appropriate independence, putting the organisation’s interests before personal interests;
• Credibility – have a trustworthy reputation that will result in respect from all stakeholders;
• Collaborative yet curious and courageous – able to function as an effective team member and have the curiosity to ask questions and the courage to persist in robust discussions;
• Active contribution – be an active contributor with a genuine interest in HHA Inc. and the importance of local empowerment.
• Take minutes at meetings and distribute to board members
• Maintain all records such as members, licenses, etc., and make sure the President has copies
• Maintain a calendar of important dates
• Communicate with any other applicable bodies as deemed necessary
• Update changes of board members with applicable bodies
• Work closely with the board to fundraise for the running costs of Human and Hope Association
To apply for this role, please send your CV or LinkedIn profile with an introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct any enquiries to Sally Hetherington OAM.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Sally Hetherington OAM
Phone : 0424080186
Please quote in application: Secretary with NFP Board via Pro Bono Australia.