About the Role
The Good Shepherd Community House – St Albans, is managed by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand. The Community House programs are funded through the State Government’s Neighbourhood House Coordination Program, support from Brimbank Council, Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand and other philanthropic organisations.
The Good Shepherd Community House was established to offer opportunities for community members to connect, acquire new skills, build confidence and capability, and build a sound knowledge.
The Sewing Program aims to provide women with instructions support and basic knowledge in the art of sewing. Good Shepherd provides a supportive and safe environment for the group, enabling each woman to build their confidence in basic sewing skills while socializing with other likeminded women and practice basic English language skills
The sewing program facilitator will be responsible for teaching sewing skills such as cutting out patterns, following patterns and how items are constructed. To plan sewing projects suitable for beginners, intermediate and advance.
· Familiarity in working with people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
· Demostrate sensitivity to a variety of cultures and participants with special needs
· Ability to sew simple clothing: Cutting out of patterns/following patterns/ and how clothing is constructed
· To plan for simple sewing projects for beginners and/or more advanced
· Able to operate sewing machine and overlocker; threading, tension, different stitches
· Excellent interpersonal skills with good listening skills and responding to participants needs within organisational guidelines.
Please note that this positions will require the volunteer to undergo a Police & Working with Children check.
Weekly commitment of 3 hours every Monday from 9.30 till 1pm during school term.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0392709700
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Sewing Group Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.