About the role
About the volunteering opportunities
Smartphone mentors support people to build their confidence to learn essential digital skills on their smartphones. Being a Smartphone Mentor is about inspiring people to try using digital technology and supporting them through their first steps using the internet on their smartphones.
Participants in the Smartphone Skills 4 Seniors program initially attend three, small group workshops in their local area over three consecutive weeks. Following the workshops, program participants are allocated a personal Smartphone Mentor to meet with them weekly for the next three weeks on a one-on-one basis.
- Basic understanding of the internet and how to use a smartphone (Android or iPhone)
- Willing to undertake a Police Check (cost reimbursed by Hume)
- Available to attend an online Smartphone Mentor training session
- Available to commit to at least three 60–90-minute mentor sessions
Benefits of being a Smartphone Mentor:
- Full mentor orientation, comprehensive training and support provided
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket costs associated with program delivery
- Post program Certificate of Participation
- Where appropriate, Hume can act as a referee for mentor’s post program
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of the program
- New skills and connections
About the organisation
Hume Housing is a nationally accredited Tier 1 Community Housing Provider. Currently, Hume provides homes and services to close to 9,000 customers across NSW. Hume’s purpose is to Create opportunities for people to prosper. We develop and construct new properties, undertake the tenancy and property management of social and affordable housing, and provide services and support to our diverse customers through a range of partnerships and programs. Hume engages with customers to provide housing options, maintain their tenancies, build resilience, participate in local community life, and to prosper. Hume works within a collective impact approach, working with the community stakeholders, seeking out what is needed and identifying appropriate partners to design and deliver services.
We are Champions of change, Creators of connectivity, Builders of resilience and Determined to succeed.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Smartphone Skills 4 Seniors – Volunteers via Pro Bono Australia.