About the Role
The Wheelchair Rugby World Championships are held every 4 years and 2018 marks the year that it is coming to Sydney, Australia.
From 5 – 10 August 2018, the Quaycentre (formerly the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre) and Genea Netball Centre will be home to the world’s top 12 teams including the Australian Steelers who are the reigning Paralympic and world champions playing to defend their world title on home soil.
Social Media Coordinator
We are looking for people to assist us as Social Media Coordinators and provide leadership in managing and implementing the social media strategy for the event, including but not limited to, social media content creation, managing comments and interactions and providing daily social media summaries.
Start Date: Monday, July 16, 2018
End Date: Saturday, August 11, 2018
Location: Sydney Olympic Park. Disability Sports Australia (DSA) Office in the lead-up to the event and event venues at event time (5-10 August)
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Assist the Manager – Marketing and Partnerships in developing the Social Media Plan for the World Championship.
• Create content based on the Social Media Plan to share across all social media platforms.
• Reply to comments and manage interactions on the event social media pages.
• Share any relevant social media posts from alternate sources.
• Upload results to social media at the conclusion of each game.
• Create daily social media summaries to be shared at the conclusion of the day.
• Proficient in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Web experience
• Be resourceful and proactive
• Reliable and committed
• Official volunteer uniform
• Access to free event shuttle bus during competition dates (shuttle bus services the competition venues, major accommodations in Sydney Olympic Park and Olympic Park Train Station)
• Access to watch matches live before or after your shift (excluding Finals matches)
• Post-event thank you function
• Certificate of Appreciation
• Reference letter upon request
• The opportunity to see the Australian Steelers defend their Paralympic and World Championship title on home soil
To apply for this position please forward your Resume together with a Cover Letter outlining WHY you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions, please contact the Workforce Team on 0497 066 387 or email@example.com.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0497066387
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Social Media Coordinator – 2018 Wheelchair Rugby World Championsh via Pro Bono Australia.