About the role
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER, Committee of Management, SEW Inc | (Volunteer, Melbourne based).
SEW Inc invites applications for the position of Social Media Manager within the Committee of Management. The candidate will be in charge of maintenance and development of our digital platforms, as well as planning and managing of digital marketing campaigns that promote SEW’s brand and products.
SEW is comprised of lawyers, management consultants, researchers and other established professionals based in Melbourne, London and the University of Cambridge.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for students or early career professionals to apply their digital skills and make a significant contribution to women’s economic empowerment in a developing economy.
The position is for 12 months, with the option to renew candidature.
Who we are |
SEW is a not-for-profit organisation and registered Australian charity with DGR tax status. We partner with HIV+ women in Tanzania to manufacture ethical conference accessories.
As a social enterprise we have a commitment to the sustainable economic development of HIV+ women and their communities. Our partners are paid a fair price for their labour and all profits are re-invested into the project.
We focus on sustainable fashion and prior to COVID-19, we produced hand-made conference bags from recycled plastic. Previous clients have included the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the World Food Program, the United Nations, the University of Melbourne, the Victorian Bar and many more.
We have appeared on the runway at Melbourne Spring Fashion Week and have produced several capsule collections for international designers. Our business has been profiled in Harper’s Bazaar, The Guardian, the Sydney Morning Herald and several others.
However, COVID-19 has halted the international conference market and severely disrupted our customer base. It has forced us to pivot to the manufacture and delivery of face-masks for the local community. We have also developed a digital magazine, Zwadi, in order to continue to engage our conference clientele.
Role Requirements |
- Passion for social justice.
- Ability to work remotely from home.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Skype, Whatssap, email, social media and web platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience using Canva or Canva Pro.
- Attention to detail and creativity.
- Formal qualifications in Marketing, Communications or Journalism (desirable).
- Ability to attend fortnightly Thursday meetings in addition to 90 minutes of social media activity per week.
Role Responsibilities |
The Social Media Manager will be primarily in charge of sourcing and creating content for our social media platforms. Responsibilities will include:
- Create, maintain and grow new and existing social networks, including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Source and create engaging content for social media platforms.
- Plan and develop social media campaigns in response to committee priorities.
- Monitor social media progress using analytic tools and report trends to understand viewer preference for receiving information and tailoring marketing campaigns accordingly.
- Collating customer data and analysing behavioural patterns to improve quality of customer interactions.
- Coordinate electronic communications using Mailchimp as required.
- Leveraging digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect with current and prospective customers.
The role can also include additional functions, at the discretion of the candidate and the committee. These include:
- Approaching clients and securing orders on behalf of the organisation.
- Public speaking on behalf of the organisation.
- Fundraising on behalf of the organisation.
- Engaging with clients, philanthropists and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will become a non-executive member of the Committee of Management upon payment of a $5 fee. Non-executive members have the right to vote on committee resolutions and will have the opportunity to apply for executive roles at the next annual general meeting.
SEW is committed to equality and non-discrimination. All SEW volunteers are expected to give effect to these principles in their dealings with the Australian and Tanzanian teams.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a 1 page cover letter to email@example.com by 26 October 2020.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Social Media Manager via Pro Bono Australia.