About the role
Do you love all things marine? Have experience in social media, marketing &/or science communication?
We are looking for a strategic, creative and motivated Social Media Manager to join our dynamic team to help us harness the power of digital channels.
Social media marketing content creator and manager
Communicate conservation message, engage digital audiences, encourage philanthropic donation, advertise products and services
12 hours/week, 12-month contract, flexible workdays
Based in Mentone, Melbourne (with remote work considered).
MMF is looking for a Social Media Manager to develop and execute an effective social media strategy. You will be required to create and post engaging and informative content across our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube) that highlights MMF’s marine mammal research, education and conservation initiatives; relevant global marine conservation news; and promotes philanthropic and community support. This will also include blog-style content to be posted on our website and shared across our social media pages, as well as engagement with other similar organisations to grow our social media presence.
Our desired achievements from your social media strategy involve increased engagement with our digital audience, increased public donations, increased revenue from merchandise purchases, and increased education and outreach program bookings.
– Passion for conservation, environment, community engagement
– Tertiary qualification in media, communications, advertising or public relations
– Science communication background (highly desirable)
– Demonstrated experience effectively telling stories on social media platforms
– Experience in employing online marketing strategy
– Experience with content generation software (Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud etc.)
– Willingness to work extended hours when required
– Creativity, team-working skills, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), excellent organisational skills
– Working With Children’s Check
About the organisation
The Marine Mammal Foundation (MMF) is a not-for-profit charity, scientific and education organisation ensuring what we do today, creates a better tomorrow. MMF conducts innovative and applied research; works with Australian and International scientists to establish and advance the knowledge, conservation and protection of Australia’s marine mammals; applies research findings and learnings to achieve informed and effective conservation outcomes; raises community and stakeholder knowledge of marine conservation issues and empowers change through greater awareness and action opportunities; encourages and supports the next generation via education, inquiry-based and hands-on learning opportunities.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience, your CV and two referees t firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th June 2021.
Please quote in application: Social Media Manager via Pro Bono Australia.