About the role
It’s Not A Compliment are after a switched-on social media whiz who is keen to get involved in the fight for safe and just public spaces. We are looking for a volunteer to take on a key leadership position in our team and manage our social media outputs so they engage our audience and make an impact.
What the role will involve
You will be managing our social media presence and leading our Social Media team to create content for It’s Not A Compliment’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages that is:
- Produced regularly and in-line with our vision, goals, values and current strategy;
- Well-written and of a high-quality;
- Reflective of It’s Not A Compliment’s distinctive voice;
- Tailored to particular audiences across our different platforms;
- Able to prompt important conversations around the issue of street harassment through an intersectional lens.
Our ideal candidate will have/be:
- Excellent communications skills, including strong writing and editing skills;
- An understanding of the nuances of creating content for different platforms;
- Skilled with social media analytics;
- Ability to develop innovative and appealing social media campaigns that can further It’s Not A Compliments’ goals;
- Able to efficiently manage a diverse team of people;
- Strong organisation skills;
- Able to adapt and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work schedules efficiently;
- Passionate about creating change around street harassment and gender-based harm with an understanding of the importance of intersectionality within this.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Social Media Manager via Pro Bono Australia.