About the role
Empowered Together is looking for a passionate and motivated young leader to join our marketing team as our Social Media Manager. Empowered Together is a non-for-profit organisation that works towards the peer led primary prevention of sexual violence.
As Social Media Manager, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining our presence on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and our website. Empowered Together is a youth run organisation seeking to engage this generation to lead the change. Our two main operations include running workshops on consent and sexual assault in secondary schools and engaging the wider community through our online platforms.
Your key duties will be:
● Regular maintenance of Empowered Together’s social media sites by regulating comments and responding to messages.
● Working with the CMO to continuously improve Empowered Together’s online reach.
● Planning Social Media Campaigns, briefing in the Lead Designer and collaborating with the CMO
● Weekly Posts across all social media channels
● Tracking and insight gathering as to the types of posts which have high engagement
● Agreement with Empowered Together’s values and internal policies.
The essential skills required are to:
1. Understand and demonstrate passionate for critical issues that relate to the primary prevention of sexual assault including gender inequality, consent and entitlement.
2. Demonstrate a strong interest in social media and the ability to communicate online and connect with an audience.
3. Have excellent written communication skills.
4. Be organised with the ability to plan and schedule content for optimum exposure.
Experience in interpreting analytics to improve content for target audience is also desirable.
Joining our Marketing team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual violence.
As Social Media Manager you will have the opportunity to:
● Build and maintain a brand’s online presence
● Improve your digital marketing skills
● Work in an agile team to create campaigns
● Develop skills in communication and online analytics
● Be at the forefront of educating the community on consent and sexual assault.
● Work with a dedicated group of young individuals.
● Attend events on behalf of Empowered Together and work with our expert advisory members
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Social Media Manager via Pro Bono Australia.