About the role
Are you looking for an opportunity to utilise your social media skills and make a positive contribution to the local community? Are you passionate about social justice and connecting people to legal help? We need you!
Barwon Community Legal Service Inc. is a not for profit community legal centre which provides free legal advice, education and support to people who live in the Geelong, Bellarine Peninsula, Surfcoast and Colac Otway regions. Our mission is to challenge systemic disadvantage and enable our priority communities to access the support they need to understand their legal rights and overcome their legal problems.
Due to the current COVID-19 health crisis, now more than ever, people are having to find new ways to connect with family and friends as well as the services that they need. For Barwon Community Legal Service this has meant a major digital transformation to enable us to continue to offer much needed legal assistance to our community via a virtual office.
An increased focused on our online communications has created this fantastic opportunity to join our friendly and vibrant team. The Social Media Manager will be primarily responsible for sourcing and creating content for our social media platforms that will help connect community members to legal help.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create, maintain, and grow new and existing social networks, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and others.
- Source and create engaging content for social media platforms.
- Plan and develop social media campaigns linked to key organizational and sector initiatives
- Monitor social media progress using analytic tools and report trends.
- Coordinate electronic communications using MailChimp as required.
- Assist with website content from time to time.
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified candidates who can demonstrate:
- Passion for social justice and connecting community to legal help
- Ability to work remotely from home
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience sourcing and creating content for social media
- Experience in using Canva or Canva Pro
- Formal Qualifications in Marketing, Communications or Journalism (desirable)
This is an interesting and varied position with plenty of scope to grow your portfolio whilst having a powerful impact on increasing access to justice in our local community.
To express interest in this role please submit a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 1300430599
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Social Media Manager via Pro Bono Australia.