About the role
Empowered Together is looking for a passionate and motivated young leader to join our Marketing Team as our Social Media Manager. We are a youth-led not-for-profit that focuses on the primary prevention of sexual violence by running workshops in schools and engaging with young people online.
As Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the social media presence of Empowered Together on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and our website.
Your duties will include:
● Regular maintenance of Empowered Together’s social media sites by regulating comments and responding to messages.
● Working with the CMO to continuously improve Empowered Together’s online reach.
● Planning Social Media Campaigns, briefing in the Lead Designer and collaborating with the CMO.
● Weekly Posts across all social media channels (Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn (if applicable)).
● Tracking and insight gathering as to the types of posts which have high engagement.
● Alignment with Empowered Together’s values and internal policies.
● Managing our Youth Content Consultant, who will also assist you in your role.
The skills required are:
1. Understand and demonstrate passion for critical issues that relate to the primary prevention of sexual assault including gender inequality, consent and entitlement.
2. Demonstrate a strong interest in social media and the ability to communicate online and connect with an audience.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Organised with the ability to plan and schedule content for optimum exposure
5. Interpret analytics to improve content for target audience.
6. Previous experience working with marketing analytics tools.
Joining our Marketing team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual violence.
As Social Media Manager you will have the opportunity to:
● Build and maintain a brand’s online presence.
● Improve your digital marketing skills.
● Work in an agile team to create campaigns.
● Develop skills in communication and online analytics.
● Be at the forefront of educating the community on consent and sexual assault.
● Work with a dedicated group of young individuals.
● Attend events on behalf of Empowered Together and work with our expert advisory members.
● Leadership and management experience.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Social Media Manager via Pro Bono Australia.