About the role
Human and Hope Association Inc. (HHA Inc.) is a registered charity that empowers communities to address inequalities. We achieve this through two approaches:
- Raising awareness in Australia about the unintended consequences of voluntourism and advocating for a local approach to development.
- Financially supporting a grassroots community centre in Cambodia (HHA Cambodia) who run education, vocational training and community development programs that alleviate poverty.
Reporting to the CEO, the Social Media Manager is responsible for creating content for our ethical brand, Hope on Purpose, across Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook. The Hope on Purpose brand consists of handmade products, learning opportunities and ethical travel, with proceeds raised supporting our charity.
A few hours a week, with a minimum one-year commitment. This role is undertaken remotely ; you can be located anywhere in Australia.
Competencies, experience and Skills (Role Related)
- Proven experience with using Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn for a professional account
- An enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to write clearly and articulately
- Understanding of content production and social best practice
- Friendly, approachable and have good relationship management skills
Competencies (Personal Attributes)
- Passion for localization and Cambodian-driven solutions – understand that empowering local communities is the best sustainable solution;
- Credibility – have a trustworthy reputation of discipline and rigor that will result in respect from all stakeholders;
- Collaborative yet curious and courageous – able to function as a committed team player, curious, and unafraid of robust discussions;
- Ability to make informed decisions – eager to listen actively and conduct necessary research before making a decision that is always in the best interest of HHA Cambodia and aligns with their values.
- Manage our content calendar, positing a consistent mixture of content related to our brand
- Regularly report on social media engagement
- Moderate, communicate and engage with followers, ensuring comments are responded to in a timely manner
- Support the CEO on community management initiatives by providing advice where required.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and your C.V to CEO Sally Hetherington OAM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be assessed as they are received.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Sally Hetherington OAM
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Social Media Manager - Hope on Purpose via Pro Bono Australia.