About the role
The Walk to Cambodia is an annual virtual event that sees participants collectively walking the distance from Australia to Cambodia throughout the month of April. In 2021, we raised $24,000 for education programs run by our program partner, Human and Hope Association Cambodia.
Our goal is to raise at minimum, $40,000 through this event in 2022. To achieve this, we are building a working committee which will be led by our CEO.
About the Role
We are searching for a volunteer Social Media Manager who is responsible for creating a social media plan to recruit our current database, community groups and individuals to participate in our 2021 Walk to Cambodia event.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Solid social media experience
- A passion for eradicating poverty
- Highly developed organisational skills, including the ability to set priorities and complete tasks to deadlines
- Willingness to devote the required time to serving on the committee
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a detailed social media plan
- Managing the ‘Walk to Cambodia’ Instagram account
- Preparing and scheduling Walk to Cambodia posts for Human and Hope’s various social media channels
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure the social media plan coincides with the marketing strategy
- Creating a sense of community through social media for the Walk to Cambodia participants
About the organisation
Human and Hope Association Inc. (HHA Inc.) is a registered charity that empowers communities to address inequalities. We achieve this through two approaches:
- Raising awareness in Australia about the unintended consequences of voluntourism and advocating for a local approach to development.
- Financially supporting a grassroots community centre in Cambodia (HHA Cambodia) who run education, vocational training and community development programs that alleviate poverty.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Social Media Manager (Project Role) via Pro Bono Australia.