About the role
About the Opportunity
Since we commenced 4 months ago, Lewy Body Dementia Australasia has already gained a wide social media presence across Australasia and internationally – via its active presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & TikTok.
And now we’re looking for someone (on a voluntary basis) with relevant experience who can assist our Founder, Steve Coleman, to maintain and grow this presence – for the purpose of supporting people living with Lewy Body Dementia (LBD), as well as those who care for them, throughout Australasia.
Ideally, you’ll have the following qualities and background:
- Familiarity and experience in preparing and providing relevant information via social media posts across a variety of platforms (eg Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube)
- Willingness to commit to a hands-on role and assist our communication with the Lewy Body Dementia community (across Australasia and internationally)
- Keen interest and motivation to support those who live with Lewy Body Dementia
- Experience in researching relevant material for targeted posts will be well regarded
- Living in Australasia, fluent in English and comfortable with meeting and communicating via Zoom or other online and video technologies
- Contribute to the overall support of persons living with LBD across Australasia 👍
- Satisfaction and enjoyment of knowing you have made a difference for persons living better with LBD or their caregivers 🙂
About the organisation
The purpose of Lewy Body Dementia Australasia is to provide targeted support for people living with Lewy Body Dementia (LBD), as well as those who care for them, throughout Australasia.
We're a new organisation in start-up phase that has been initiated by a small group of committed and like-minded volunteers.
All our activities are presently undertaken online - and we have an active presence via our various social media platforms that operate across Australasia, with international interest and connections.
So this is a ground floor opportunity!
How to apply
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more, please visit any of the LBDA social media sites:
After that, please contact Steve Coleman via any of the social media platforms (eg via PM / DM) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To Express your Interest …
If you believe you would bring a strong interest and relevant capabilities to this role, we would love you to send us an Expression of Interest – by telling us a little bit about how you meet each of the 5 points that are listed above under the ‘About You’ information – via email to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Social Media Volunteer - remote / virtual role via Pro Bono Australia.