About the Role
Your Side Australia is an independent not for profit with 30 years’ experience in supporting 90,000 people with disability, people with mental illness and older people and their carers. Our unique service approach means that we assist people to choose their support needs through a range of direct and brokered services that best suit the individual’s goals, budget and lifestyle requirements. Your Side coordinates and partners with a range of specialist and high quality services which gives people greater choice and enhances their independence and well being.
Sounds like you???
- Assisting as an active social companion/carer to people over 65 and people with disability on day trips.
- Supporting with mobility, pushing the wheel chair and supporting to getting into the venue and back.
- Acting as a facilitator during social support trip.
- Willingness to learn and dedicate at least a day once a week
- Previous support work experience (desired not required), with a focus on high quality customer interaction and dedication
- A strong commitment to working with people aged over 65 and with disability.
- Cash handling and basic customer service experience
- Flexible, reliable and caring person with initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- A reasonable level of fitness but no lifting is required
- Volunteers do not assist with personal care (which includes helping in the bathroom) or administering medication. Northside has a NO LIFT policy for all staff and volunteers.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Social Support via Pro Bono Australia.