About the Role
The ASRC is seeking qualified social workers, caseworkers and psychologists, to assist in our General Access and Client Services programs.
Volunteers are responsible for assisting people seeking asylum, doing intake assessments, providing information, referrals and support to members. This would include people seeking asylum who face involuntary repatriation, mental health issues, housing challenges and family violence.
What we’re looking for:
- Tertiary Qualifications in (or currently in final year of studying) Social Work, Welfare Work,
Youth Work, Community Development, Counselling or related fields
- Employment, volunteer or study placement experience with case management
- Experience responding appropriately to clients with high needs, challenging behaviours and/or those who present in crisis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and email
- Experience in maintaining accurate and up-to-date casenotes and client records
- Experience in assessment and triage in a Community/Welfare/Health setting
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from culturally diverse backgrounds
- An understanding of the needs and political context of asylum seekers, particularly those
who have been in immigration detention.
To apply please fill in our application form here: https://www.asrc.org.au/asrc-volunteer-application-form/.
Applications close at midnight Tuesday 23 July, however early applications are encouraged.
In order to provide continuity to our clients, we are unfortunately unable to accept applications from people who are currently looking for full-time work.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 03 9026 6066
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Social Work Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.