About the role
Family Programs Volunteers support the delivery of quality public programs, storytelling, children and family activities and major events.
Location: State Library Victoria, 328 Swanston Street, Melbourne.
About this role: Please read the Family Programs Volunteer Role Description (available as a PDF download at the bottom of this page) for details about this role.
Please apply ONLY via the online application form www.slv.vic.gov.au/about-us/work-with-us/volunteer-with-us/family-programs-volunteer-position-description
What you’ll do
State Library Victoria Volunteers are assigned to volunteer designated roles and projects, under the supervision of staff.
Tasks performed by a Family Programs Volunteer may include:
- Supporting the delivery of Family Programs for children aged 0 to 12 years and their families/carers, including story-based sessions, craft-based workshops and other events.
- Welcoming and orientating children, parents and carers to State Library Victoria.
- Assisting in set up, pack down and resetting of spaces.
- Collecting attendance numbers.
- Being aware of and behaving in accordance with all relevant Library policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with and interest in interacting with children and families.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and connect with diverse Library visitors.
- Collaboration, enthusiasm and a positive attitude as an active team member.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Availability and intention to support programs at least twice a month, attend regular training, and display punctuality and dedication.
- Ability to speak a language other than English, including Auslan, will be well regarded.
- State Library Victoria is a child-safe organisation. If offered a volunteer role, a free Working With Children Check will need to be obtained before commencing.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: State Library Victoria – Family Programs Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.