About the role
LOCATION: Online and Metro Melbourne
HOURS: Up to four hours a week for business program duration – once off, short-term or ongoing (as agreed)
What will you do?
• Attend tutoring sessions with participants – 1:1 and in a group setting, depending on group need and tutor skillset. Engagement with the sessions may be a one off or on an ongoing, weekly basis.
• Work alongside participants to review program content, engage in practical exercises, clarify terms or information and answer questions.
Who are we?
Stepping Stones to Small Business is a Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) program tailored to women from refugee and migrant backgrounds, women aged 50 and over and/or women in rural and regional areas. The program builds upon each participant’s strengths and experiences and focuses on providing women with opportunities for increased economic participation through education and mentoring. The program also offers support towards setting up a small business and provides pathways to education and employment. Stepping Stones to Small Business offers participants the opportunity to learn in an environment which is supportive, gender aware, friendly and actively reduces the barriers that prevent women from mainstream business training. English as an additional language (EAL) is supported.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Can attend Volunteer Induction, Cross-Cultural Responsiveness Training, and any other training specific to the role, including orientation, as required
• Has Micro/Small Business knowledge
• Has finance/marketing knowledge and/or experience
• Has sound computer skills and confidence using Microsoft Office Suite and online communication tools (ZOOM and/or Teams)
• Possesses excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates a can-do attitude, flexible and creative approach
• Is familiar with being in a group setting
• Exhibits a passionate desire to contribute positive change in people’s lives
• Demonstrates an understanding of and empathy with the values of BSL.
We are extra keen to involve people who have:
• Experience working with disadvantaged communities and/or different cultural backgrounds.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role may initially provide support via a digital platform, changing to face-to-face support only when it is deemed safe to do so.
Interviews for this role will commence in December 2021. Induction and training will commence end of January 2022, before the role starts at the beginning of February 2022.
For full details, refer to the Role Description or phone Emma Gale, Stepping Stones Program Coordinator on 0491 152 906
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Stepping Stones Volunteer Tutor via Pro Bono Australia.