About the Role
Special Olympics is a global inclusion movement using sport, health, education and leadership programs every day around the world to end discrimination against and empower people with intellectual disabilities. Special Olympics provides weekly sports training, lifestyle programs and competition opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities.
Special Olympics Australia is currently seeking a qualified swimming coach who can provide assistance and support in the ongoing development of the swim program for intellectually disabled athletes.
The ideal candidate will have strong relationship management skills and ability to motivate swimmers with intellectual disability.
Competencies / Skills required:
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Ability to be flexible and to improvise when needed
• Ability to inspire and motivate others to believe in the Special Olympics Mission
• Ability to work within set boundaries
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Understanding of relevant WH&S requirements
• Good time management skills
Experience / Education Required:
• A minimum Bronze Licence swimming coach accreditation
• Has experience as a competitor and/or coach in swimming
• Current registration with ATSCA
• Austswim Teacher of Aquatics with People of Disabilities
• Previous coaching experience
• Experience working within a disability setting
• Knowledge of Special Olympics Australia and programs
Thursday- 4:30 to 5:30 PM during School term.
Springwood NSW 2777
Special Olympics Australia is a child safe organization and conducts relevant checks as part of a volunteer screening.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Swimming Coach – Blue Mountains via Pro Bono Australia.