About the role
Join the volunteer team at The Sydney International Rowing Regatta on 25-31 March 2019 for an amazing experience at an international event! It’s a great chance to get outdoors, meet some amazing people and see some of the best rowers in the world!
The Sydney International Rowing Regatta (SIRR) is Australia’s premier rowing event. It will be back again Sydney from the 25 March to the 31 March 2019 for another year of world class rowing.
You will be treated to a showcase of some of the best Australian rowing and para-rowing including Olympic and World champions.
It’s a great chance to get outdoors, meet some amazing people and see some of the best rowers in the world in action!
For more information take a look at the event website: http://sirr.rowingaustralia.com.au/
Join the Volunteer Team and help us to make Australia one of the best rowing nation in the world.
Dates: 25 March – 31 March 2019
Location: Sydney International Regatta Centre (SIRC), Old Castlereagh Road, Castlereagh, NSW 2749 (Penrith Area) Free shuttle available from and to Penrith Train station
Shifts: Early morning, morning and afternoon shifts available!
We have various positions available including:
• Drivers – Be responsible of driving a cart to help volunteers to be in position. Assist event managers with various tasks on site.
• Printing distribution coordinator – Being responsible for the maintenance of the high-end printer and ensuring all printing needs during the competition are met (min 4 shifts)
• Spectator Services – Be the face of the event! Provide information to the patrons, athletes and staff, check accreditations and entry ticketing
• Timekeeper – Essential and exciting role – Ensure accurate timing of races at the specified distances
• Victory Pontoon Assistant – assists with boat holding at victory ceremonies
• Boat holders – This crucial role includes holding competing boat at the start line. This is an important role as it ensure optimal race condition and accuracy of performance
• Boat park assistant – Monitor and control the entry, unloading, storage and exit of boats and boat trailers within the SIRR boat park
• Runner – Being the liaison between the different areas of the event. (min 4 shifts)
No experience in rowing is required just the motivation to help us making a great event!
For more details of each role please head to https://sirr.rowingaustralia.com.au/information/
Of course with such important roles come a number of great volunteer benefits:
• Official volunteer uniform including shirt, cap, drink bottle and bag
• Food and drink and free parking during your shift
• The experience of volunteering at an amazing event
• Opportunity to see Australia’s best rowers in action
• Thank you function (Sunday 31 March)
• Volunteer certificate and reference letter as required
• Free entry to watch the Regatta on the day you’re volunteering
• Free volunteer shuttle between Penrith train station and the venue
Early morning, morning and afternoon shifts available
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Sydney International Rowing Regatta 2019 via Pro Bono Australia.