About the Role
Teaching Assistant Volunteer- SRI LANKA
Location: Mannar, Northern Sri Lanka
Duration: 8-12 weeks
Street Child is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school and giving their families the sustainable means to keep them there.
We have identified that out of school children is one of Sri Lanka’s main development issues, particularly those in marginalised communities, despite having an overall literacy rate of over 90%. This placement is a unique opportunity to make a critical contribution to an organisation that is looking to pilot and expand its efforts within various communities in rural and urban Sri Lanka.
Join us to help children in remote areas of the Northern Sri Lankan province escape the low education-low income trap. Our fantastic local partner is working on the ground to deliver modern-methodological teaching that improves educational outcome. We need volunteers to assist with their English Language Development programme and to help create greater educational awareness among students, parents and teachers in the local communities.
Working alongside the local team, your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to –
- Teaching basic English to children at the HUB which is run by our local partner
- Support with sourcing appropriate teaching resources to support HUB activities
- Assist with developing case studies and outcome reports and other promotional documents
- Take part with the activities at the HUB centres including scheduling, developing the time table and maintaining accurate records.
- Support with conducting regular monitoring visits, develop/use appropriate monitoring tools to monitor outcome and output of the project.
- Willingness to undertake any other responsibilities entrusted by the deputy team leader or Team Leader, as and when requested.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and diligent
- Independent and capable of proactive work plan management with minimal support
- Flexible, adaptable and able to thrive in a start-up environment
- Thoughtful, resourceful, reflective, and eager to learn
- Culturally responsive and respectful
- Keen interest in understanding and contributing to the development sector
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 02076147696
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Teaching Assistant Volunteer- Sri Lanka via Pro Bono Australia.