About the role
Neighbourhood Connect is a national not for profit community organisation. We are
helping people across Australia to create neighbourhood groups – to encourage
happier, safer and more connected communities. Because life is better when we belong.
We have a national project team and neighbour groups in all States and Territories.
Everyone involved is passionate about creating and supporting communities. The
project is unfunded; we are all contributing on a voluntary basis.
You can check us out at http://www.neighbourhoodconnect.org.au
We’re looking for more people to join our Project Team to contribute to the success
of Neighbourhood Connect.
To build enthusiasm and commitment and contribute to a thriving, motivated and
effective Neighbourhood Connect team by providing support and encouragement;
enabling structure and accountability, for volunteer team members.
To keep team members fired up and contributing so that everyone is glad to be
involved and our goals are achieved.
Team Builder duties include:
• Regular contact with Project Team members primarily by phone (email for
team members who prefer this) to see how they are going with tasks, give
praise and encouragement and offer support (passing on to the National
Manager or relevant team leader if more complex).
• Updating our Work Tasks and Progress shared document so it’s clear what each
person is contributing
• Communicating back to the National Manager regarding role progress and
other matters related to volunteers, as needed.
• Motivating team members in relation to their work. Implementing strategies to
encourage team members to complete their tasks.
• Undertaking general team-building activities e.g., organising mid or end-of-year
events (optional), encouraging conversations and sharing amongst the team.
• Contributing ideas, feedback and learnings related to the volunteer team.
You’ll work with guidance from the National Manager and Team Coordinator.
• are an outgoing, enthusiastic, positive person
• are good at developing relationships with people and communicate clearly
• are interested in being part of a national community building project
• are organised, reliable and self-motivated
• have experience with community groups (desirable).
What will you get from this?
• Satisfaction from contributing to a great community building project, which is
making a difference in the lives of hundreds of people.
• The opportunity to put your mentoring and communication skills to good use
and possibly expand those skills.
• Experience working on a national project.
• A reference / referee to help with your career.
All the project team work from home and therefore can live anywhere in Australia.
Hours of Work
There is no set amount of hours required – you’ll be working from home, so you can
do this at a pace that fits with your life. Ideally, a minimum of half a day a week.
Take the next step
Please apply to Irene Opper, National Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
addressing the following:
• Why this position interests you, and giving details of any experiences
(communication, community involvement) that you think are relevant;
• Your CV; and
• Your contact details.
If you have any questions please call Irene on 0413 706 233.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0413706233
Please quote in application: Team Builder via Pro Bono Australia.