About the Role
The Wheelchair Rugby World Championships are held every 4 years and 2018 marks the year that it is coming to Sydney, Australia.
From 5 – 10 August 2018, the Quaycentre (formerly the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre) and Genea Netball Centre will be home to the world’s top 12 teams including the Australian Steelers who are the reigning Paralympic and world champions playing to defend their world title on home soil.
It’s a great way to get involved in this inspirational sport and support people with a physical disability and of course experience the thrills and spills of wheelchair rugby in a new way!
Team Liaison Officer
We are looking for people to assist us as Team Liaison Officers. You will provide a key point of contact for a team attending the event, connecting them with the Event Organisers. Team Liaison Officers (TLO’s) will assist the teams with anything they require before and during the event.
Start Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 (will vary depending on team)
End Date: Saturday, August 11, 2018
Applicants will need to be available to work on a rotating roster between 25 July and 10 August 2018. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Working with the Manager – Transport and Team Services to understand the event, daily schedules and in particular, the team services on offer.
• Meet and greet teams at their arrival at the Sydney Airport.
• Travel with the teams to their accommodation on arrival day and assist in accommodation facilitation.
• During the event, work with the team and provide any support or assist with any issues or questions they might have.
• Be on call if any teams have questions when not at the competition venue.
• Assist team with accessing Team Services, including training courts, food services, team lounges and transport.
• Liaise with the Manager – Team Services to manage team requests.
• Friendly and approachable
• Be resourceful and proactive
• Reliable and committed
• Strong communication skills
• It is preferred if TLO’s are bilingual with their allocated team for the World Championship. Preferred languages include French, Swedish, Danish, Japanese, Spanish and Polish
• Desirable: Australian drivers license
• Official volunteer uniform
• Access to free event shuttle bus during the competition dates (shuttle bus services the competition venues, major accommodations in Sydney Olympic Park and Olympic Park Train Station)
• Access to watch matches before or after shift (Within silver seating area and excluding final match)
• Post-event thank you function
• Certificate of Appreciation
• Reference letter upon request
• The opportunity to see the Australian Steelers defend their Paralympic and World Championship title
To apply for this position please forward your Resume together with a Cover Letter outlining WHY you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions, please contact the Workforce Team on 0497 066 387 or email@example.com.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0497066387
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Team Liaison Officer - 2018 Wheelchair Rugby World Championship via Pro Bono Australia.