About the Role
LOCATION: 67 Brunswick St, Fitzroy
HOURS: Flexible hours, Monday – Friday
Summary of program and its objectives
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) team is responsible for the provision of network services (internet connectivity), network security, desktop services (including ordering, setting up and installing new equipment); managing contracts for outsourced services, liaising with staff and external stakeholders about ICT requirements and telecommunications services (landlines, mobile phones, data cards, PABX), information security controls and developing ICT policies and procedures.
Main responsibilities of the role
We are looking for a Technical Writer Volunteer who has demonstrated experience in the ICT field. The Volunteer will ensure complex technical and reference documents are thoroughly cross-referenced, provide advice about producing, reviewing and editing technical documentation, produce high-quality documentation, ensure materials are logical, clear and concise, have ability to quickly grasp complex concepts, review materials, complete writing assignments and recommend revisions according to set standards regarding order, clarity, style and terminology.
To meet the selection criteria, candidate will require:
* demonstrated experience in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field
* demonstrated experience producing, reviewing and editing technical documentation ensuring accuracy, adherence to relevant style guides and standards. Proven ability to distil complex information into a clear and logical written format
* ability to provide guidance and assistance to working groups in the creation and maintenance of large technical documents
* apply high-level written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interpret and apply policy, guidelines, operational manuals and project reports
* demonstrated ability to use advanced functions within MS Office or other relevant document publication software to produce complex professional documents
* well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
* results driven with a keen eye for detail and the ability to work autonomously and effectively as part of a team whilst supporting and aligning actions to the ICT Team strategic direction
* understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
* experience in documenting IRAP (Information Security Registered Assessors Program) Accreditation
* experience in documenting ISO 27001
* experience in Microsoft SharePoint.
To learn more, read the Technical Writer – ICT Position Description or phone Volunteer Services on (03) 9483 1390.
Email your application along with resume and screening questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that all our applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0394831390
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Technical Writer – ICT via Pro Bono Australia.