About the Role
The Friends of The Australian Ballet (FAB www.fab.org.au) is the principal support organisation for The Australian Ballet in NSW. FAB is an independent, not-for-profit, membership based company limited by guarantee, established in 1973.
It has a broad based charter to promote the appreciation of and access to ballet and the world of dance while focusing on The Australian Ballet Company specifically. The Friends main activities are:
* The cultivation of community, connectedness and access through the management and service of the organisation’s core membership of friends and ballet lovers by providing an array of activities and events which are educational, social and offer behind the scenes access to the world of dance;
* Fund raising through a variety of events including approximately six Dress Rehearsals by The Australian Ballet per year at the Sydney Opera House;
* Profile building by the delivery of strategic, prestigious, major, public events per year.
The FAB Council is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified individuals to be appointed to its Council. Council positions are honorary.
The suitable candidates will have a passion for the arts and have experience working on committees/boards or industry experience specifically in:
* Marketing and events;
* Information technology and business systems;
* Grants and fundraising; and/or
* Change management.
An expected time commitment of 10 hours per month is expected. This includes one 2 hour meeting per month, plus additional input as necessary, such as reading of Council papers and sub-committee work.
FAB is seeking new councillors as it is currently in a period of successful expansion with the development of a renewed and highly collaborative working relationship with The Australian Ballet. This has been demonstrated through the marketing and presentation of strategic, major public events directly to The Australian Ballet’s subscriber base and within The Australian Ballet’s marketing initiatives. Importantly FAB is expanding its “market reach” beyond its core members, working with other cultural organisations and developing its databases of active participants and affiliates.
To apply, please send a cover letter addressing the criteria to the attention of the Company Secretary, Friends of The Australian Ballet. It must address the selection criteria and be accompanied by your CV and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 22 June 2018.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
The Company Secretary, Friends of the Australian Ballet
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: The Friends of the Australian Ballet Council Member via Pro Bono Australia.