About the role
Oaktree is an ambitious non-for-profit, with the mission of young people leading, demanding and creating a just world. Our volunteers are our biggest strength at Oaktree, so it’s incredibly important to efficiently recruit, train and maintain a strong volunteer base.
Our people consistently tell us that they value Oaktree as a place to have an impact and contribute to their personal and professional development. As the Training & Development Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring that our people are supported to execute their roles to an exceptional standard from their first day at Oaktree – right up to their last. You will be steering a team of volunteers and oversee training programs.
As the TaD Manager, a typical day might look like:
- Organising and managing training programs for volunteers at Oaktree;
- Providing support for teams and states to run training sessions specific to their needs;
- Keeping track of, and updating accordingly, all volunteer databases.
- Assisting the team in implementing performance reviews year-round;
- Communicating with external organisations to raise awareness regarding volunteering opportunities at Oaktree;
- Ensuring that effective induction and exit processes exist and are used;
- Scheduling and implementing tri-annual, organisational-wide engagement surveys, and support teams to implement changes based on their results;
- Building, maintaining and logging relationships with a bank of external trainers and potential trainers;
- Guiding the development of an online learning pathway to guide volunteers through relevant training throughout their time at Oaktree.
Who we are looking for:
- You can engage with other people and inspire them to get involved with Oaktree;
- You have the potential to learn and grow;
- You will be committed to encouraging honesty, inclusivity and diversity;
- You feel comfortable working independently and in a team;
- You can work in a fast-paced and agile environment;
- You have excellent organisational skills.
We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience. So go for it. Put your name forward
What you will get out of it:
- Gain experience in managing people and projects to implement your strategies;
- Build your personal and professional network in an amazing community;
- Make an impact in Australia and globally that provides young people with the opportunity to thrive;
- Be increasingly exposed to new and exciting opportunities;
- Have the support to develop a whole range of new skills, including leadership and management experience.
Time commitment: ~10 hours/week | This role is voluntary
Closing date: Wednesday 14th July 2021 11:59PM
- This role requires individuals to be between 16-26 years of age
- This role requires individuals to complete work onsite (Melbourne) or virtually
About the organisation
Oaktree is young people leading a movement to end extreme poverty. Extreme poverty has already been halved and together we can end it.
How to apply
Please apply via the respective link on: https://www.oaktree.org/join-our-team
Please quote in application: Training and Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.