About the role
- TAP volunteer facilitators are required to assist a group of people to understand their common objectives and assist them to plan how to achieve these objectives. In doing so, the facilitator guides the discussion.
- The ability to facilitate an open discussion amongst ALL of the paricipants at the Meet Up.
- TAP volunteers will provide the service in the Moonee Valley Minicipality
- Localities: Aberfeldie, Airport West, Ascot Vale, Avondale Heights, Essendon, Essendon North, Essendon West, Flemington, Kailor East, Moonee Ponds, Niddrie, Strathmore, Strathmore Heights and Travancore.
- Provides support in the delivery of services
- Promote other TAA services as relevant
- Experience working with people with disabilities, older people and people from diverse backgrounds
- Culturally aware and sensitive to the needs and different perspectives of people from diverse cultures
- Basic IT knowledge (eg. putting apps on mobile phones)
- Basic knowledge of Melbourne Public Transport system, ride shares etc
- Ability to travel to Moonee Valley LGA
- Physically able to perform the duties as required
- Open inclusive and focused communication
- Active listening skills
- Building rapport with trust and empathy
- Developing synergy within the group
- Effective Questioning techniques (Open and closed)
ROLE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Volunteers are subject to police checks – domestic and international (as required) and working with children check
- Volunteers are required to undertake the online trainings below as directed by TAA
- Disability Awareness Training
- Introduction to Privacy Training
- Time commitment – One session per week (approx 2 hours)
- Volunteers are also required to attend a face-to-face induction and training session
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.