About the Role
LOCATION: Banksia Services, Carrum Downs
HOURS: Mondays and Fridays, 8.30–10am and 2.30–4pm
The Brotherhood’s Banksia Services in Carrum Downs provides social support for older people and those with a disability who are experiencing social isolation, through leisure programs that promote friendship and personal development.
As our assistant, you will:
* assist passengers into a bus
* escort passengers to and from their home
* assist passengers with their seat belts as required
* assist the driver to load walkers and wheelchairs into the bus
* assist passengers to alight from the bus and escort passengers to the centres
* answer mobile telephone and relay information to the bus driver.
You will need a genuine commitment and interest in working with the elderly, and the ability to work well with others and take instruction.
*Wear safety vest at all times
* Ensure a zero alcohol level
* Sit in the back of the bus at all times
* Report any OHS hazards to the Program Coordinator
* Attend training as required
* Inform Banksia Services if unable to attend the centre
* A genuine commitment and interest in working with the elderly
* Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work well with others and take instruction
* Understanding of and commitment to the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
* All staff and volunteers are expected to behave in accordance with the principles of the Brotherhood of St Laurence Code of Ethical Behaviour.
For more information, read the Transport Assistant position description (PDF, 158KB)
About the program
Banksia Services provides practical support and respite care to enhance the quality of life of older people who are isolated in the community. Banksia Services in Carrum Downs offers a range of activities in a supportive and dementia-friendly environment. Read more
Please email your expression of interest with an optional resume to volunteer(at)bsl.org.au
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0394831390
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Transport Assistant – Banksia Carrum Downs via Pro Bono Australia.