About the Role
The Treasurer works with the Board to manage and rejuvenate the financial functions of our organisation. We’re looking for someone who has experience in managing finances, including developing organisation-wide financial procedures, budgets and reporting for Boards. You’ll also bring knowledge and experience in Funding and Partnerships to the broader team.
If you’re up for a challenge, and keen to bring your passion and initiative to the team, get in touch.
– Financial oversight – ensuring that record-keeping and accounts meet the conditions of funders or statutory bodies, that the organisation complies with relevant legislation and that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place
– Planning and preparing the annual budget for approval by the Board, that the organisation operates within the budget as approved
– Banking, book-keeping and record-keeping (ensuring that a proper record is kept of all money received and payments made and that accounts are reconciled at least once per month)
– Contributing regularly to Funding and Partnerships-related initiatives under the direction of the Director of Partnerships and Funding, such as assisting in the development of a funding pipeline, writing funding proposals and attending partnerships/funding meetings
– Deliver training and professional development to the organisation in the areas of financial management, budgeting and record-keeping
A Bachelor’s Degree (or similar qualification with commensurate experience) in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or a related area, or has completed a minimum of 2 years of such a qualification
Professional Skills / Desired Attributes
– Advanced proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook)
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Demonstrated ability to take initiative, to work independently as well as part of a team
– High attention to detail, excellent organisational and time management skills
– Ability to work effectively within a small team environment
– Knowledge and skills in Partnerships and Funding, as detailed above
– Knowledge of strategic design and human-centred design concepts, or a willingness to develop these
The Treasurer position involves working primarily from home, with flexibility to meet and work alongside our current President and Director of Partnerships and Funding. The incumbent is expected to attend our weekly face-to-face meeting on Tuesday evenings, or attend these via Zoom/Skype.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Roy Hammond-Thomas, President/Founder
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.