About the Role
Alongside is a not for profit organisation (incorporated association in WA) and registered charity with the Australian Charity and Not for Profit Commission with DGR Status. Our team at Alongside provides proactive education, support, PTSD services and a strong community for partners and families of Defence and Emergency Services personnel.
Due to growth, we are seeking an experienced Treasurer to support the Alongside mission voluntarily for a period of three (3) years.
The Treasurer will be aligned with the Alongside purpose and ethos, respect the rights, beliefs and personal values of others and have an interest in rural/remote workforce and emergency services to support the current situation and future direction of the business.
All Board Members are responsible for ensuring that Alongside achieves its mission, strategic goals, legal and moral responsibilities and requirements in line with the ACNC governance standards and within the approved budget.
Board & Committee Member responsibilities:
- Understand and support the Alongside mission, policies, programs, and needs
- Abide by the Alongside Code of Conduct
- Ensure that Alongside remains in strong financial health (and understand financial statements)
- Identify, categorise and prioritise risks and ensure that strategies to minimise or mitigate risks are in place
- Be informed about and monitor the industry and environment within which Alongside operates
- Ensure that Board performance and appointments are reviewed and approved
- Commit to continuous quality improvement (Board self-assessment)
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in Board & relevant Committee meetings
- Be informed on Alongside services and publicly support them as an active advocate and ambassador
- Be aware of and abstain from any conflict of interest
- Build and maintain collegial working relationship with Board members, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Staff
- Act in the best interests of Alongside and in a manner based on transparency, accountability and responsibility.
The Treasurer is responsible for overseeing the financial administration of Alongside and advising the Board on financial strategy to support the current situation and future direction.
It is a volunteer role appointed for a period of three (3) years.
The Treasurer will have prior experience supporting the growth of new business to ensure it meets its financial obligations. The Treasurer will be aligned with the Alongside purpose and ethos, respect the rights, beliefs and personal values of others and have an interest in rural/remote workforce and emergency services.
To apply for this role complete the application form here
Applications close 5:00pm AEDT 1 November 2018
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0422262040
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.