About the Role
Our grassroots food rescue and community meals charity is looking for a capable and experienced Treasurer. This role will entail financial management, reporting and associated administrative tasks. We are looking for someone with bookkeeping or accounting skills, preferably knowledge of Xero and experience working with NFP or charities previously.
– Maintain accurate records of all income and expenditure;
– Recording all income and expenditure (including both cash and EFT transactions);
– Reimbursing staff purchases and managing petty cash;
– Establishing payroll system for future employees including PAYG taxation and superannuation;
– Develop document and monitor financial management policies and processes;
– Managing tax obligations;
– Generating monthly financial reports for the Board;
– Lead the annual budget process and ensure an appropriate annual budget is provided to the Board for approval;
– Assist General Manager with applying for and acquitting grants.
– Current knowledge of Australian accounting standards and reporting requirements;
– proven ability to prepare and deliver budget documents and financial reports;
– Excellent written and oral communication skills;
– Proven ability to work independently.
– Experience in payroll;
– Experience working with Xero accounting software package;
– Experience with GST reporting.
The is role requires an experienced Bookkeeper or Accountant looking for a level community involvement.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0403218123
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.