About the Role
• Do you have a passion for supporting native Australian animals and the environment?
• Do you have accounts experience and a knowledge of accounting principles?
• Are you able to commit for a minimum of 2 years (approximately 10 hours per month) to the role?
Native Animal Rescue is a not-for-profit incorporated body. We are located in Malaga and have a regional branch in Broome.
We are involved in leading-edge conservation programs and collaborate with local councils, government departments and universities to develop and maintain rehabilitation strategies for our precious native wildlife.
Our main goals are:
• The treatment and care of sick, orphaned and displaced native animals and to rehabilitate them back into their natural habitat
• To contribute to conservation strategies
• Provide facilities for the training of practitioners in wildlife management skills
• The education of the wider community in wildlife issues
• To provide resources and facilities to support research into wildlife issues
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to oversee the Association’s finances. The Treasurer will be responsible for working with NAR bookkeeper to manage all financial aspects of the Association. The role will:
• Present finance updates at monthly Board meetings
• Participate and contribute to Board discussion, including annual strategy. Make recommendations regarding expenditure and state of accounts
• Prepare and monitor annual budget with input from staff and Board members
• Prepare annual financial statements for the Annual General Meeting (audit is not required)
• Experience in an accounting role
• Knowledgeable in accounting principles
• Previous experience as a treasurer in a comparable organisation
• Previous experience with a not for profit
Competencies / skills required:
• Excellent organisation and communication skills
• Experience with MYOB or similar accounting software
• Strong attention to detail
• Minimum 2 years
• Approximately 10 hours a month, attendance at Board meetings, Annual General Meeting and at least one public event a year.
• Meetings are generally monthly on a weekday evening, with the Board setting the dates and times at the first meeting following the AGM.
• Successful police check
• Successful candidates will need to become a member of Native Animal Rescue. The current membership fee is $25 per year.
• Any offer of positions is subject to endorsement by the members at the Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 21st November at 7pm. Attendance at this meeting is required to be selected for the position.
How to apply
Please attach you current resume with a statement addressing the following questions:
• Why are you applying for this position?
• Are you currently or have you ever been a member of any boards or committees?
• What skills do you think you can bring to the Native Animal Rescue Board?
Please note interview will be held during the period 29th to 31st October.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0411515690
Email : Laura_perth@live.com.au
Please quote in application: Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.