About the Role
Alongside provides proactive education, transition support and mental wellbeing services for partners and families of Australia’s frontline.
Alongside Board Members are responsible for ensuring the mission, strategic goals, and legal and moral requirements in line with the ACNC are achieved within the approved budget.
Importantly, the Board will act to strengthen stakeholder relationships and support the growth of Alongside programs and services within Defence and Emergency Services nationally.
Board & Committee Member responsibilities
- Understand and support the Alongside mission, policies, programs, and needs
- Abide by the Alongside Code of Conduct
- Ensure that Alongside remains in strong financial health (and understand financial statements)
- Identify, categorise and prioritise risks and ensure that strategies to minimise or mitigate risks are in place
- Be informed about and monitor the industry and environment within which Alongside operates
- Ensure that Board performance and appointments are reviewed and approved
- Commit to continuous quality improvement (Board self-assessment)
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in Board & relevant Committee meetings
- Be informed on Alongside services and publicly support them as an active advocate and ambassador
- Be aware of and abstain from any conflict of interest
- Build and maintain collegial working relationship with Board members, Chief Executive Officer/Co-Founder and Executive Staff
- Act in the best interests of Alongside and in a manner based on transparency, accountability and responsibility.
The Treasurer is responsible for overseeing the financial administration of Alongside and advising the Board on financial strategy to support the current situation and future direction.
It is a volunteer role appointed for a period of three (3) years.
The Treasurer will have prior experience supporting the growth of new business to ensure it meets its financial obligations. The Treasurer will be aligned with the Alongside purpose and ethos, respect the rights, beliefs and personal values of others and have an interest in rural/remote workforce and emergency services.
Full Position Description
Refer to the attached full position description for the following attributes
- Key Accountabilities
- Skills and Experience
- Other Attributes
- Board Key Dates
- Required Background Checks
Submit a cover letter with your resume by Friday 18 January 2019
Cover letter to include:
- Outline your experience and/or achievements in:
- Growing a new business
- Industries of Mental Health, Emergency Services, Australian Defence Forces and/or Online Course/Education
- Working with a remote workforce
- What is your level of knowledge and experience with:
- Not for Profit Governance including fiduciary and legislative frameworks
- Motivating others to succeed in implementing strategic plans
- Governance Policy development
- Strategy development including opportunities and risk
- Organisational financial management
- Revenue generation, including what you feel is role of the Treasurer here
- Explanation of:
- the characteristics you believe a great board member possesses
- assuming your application is successful – how will you judge your time as Treasurer one year from now
- the last training/professional development you attended and how you have used your new knowledge in practice
- any personal aspirations about serving on our board
- What interests you most about volunteering with our organisation?
- Provide email and phone contact details for a person who knows you in each of the following areas: 1. Professional 2. Board service and 3. Character, and who is prepared to provide a reference for you.
- Known conflicts of interest
- Clarify any known limitations to committing the time required to being an active member of the Board, including the level of autonomy over your calendar
- Confirmation of your agreement to background checks being conducted in relation to this role
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0422262040
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Online Board Position: Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.