About the Role
Project Hope South Sudan
Who is Project Hope?
When three people who fled Awiel, South Sudan as refugees found themselves safe in Brisbane, they decided they wanted to help people who were still suffering in South Sudan. This small group soon started to support people directly in Awiel, by providing practical support to those still suffering the effects of war, poverty and disease.
One of the main things they have been doing is to link children orphaned by the war, to foster families in Brisbane who support these children by providing food, medicine and sustainable resources such as seeds for growing food, directly to the families.
Rosa Yor, one of the founders and the coordinator of this program, is a volunteer who sometimes travels to South Sudan (paying her own airfare). Rosa purchases resources to give to the children and families in Awiel, with the help of volunteer local community workers.
Rosa and the community workers distribute food, clothes, medicine and seeds, purchased with donated funds. When Rosa is not in Awiel, the volunteer community workers in Awiel manage the donated funds, making sure your support gets directly to the children and families for whom it is intended.
The next aim was to send some of the foster children to school. For this they need a uniform, shoes and ongoing food and shelter. Since 2010 the small volunteer committee in Brisbane have found sponsors for 30 children to attend school.
- Familiarity with Incorporated Association Act
- Ability to undertake book keeping and record keeping for monthly income and expenditure
- Ability to use excel and online banking
- Monthly download of CSV file to excel spreadsheet to code income and expenses
- Quarterly development of financial summary
- Monthly transfer of funds via internet banking to nominated account for operation of charity and as required throughout the month
- Attendance at quarterly meetings – on phone or face to face
- Preparation of excel spreadsheet for auditing purposes (auditing done externally)
Full training in current systems will be provided
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0448946746
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.