About the role
Our wonderful small nonprofit organisation is still growing, and we are now looking for a Treasurer and a Vice-President, preferably experienced, to join our board of members. To ensure financial integrity and sustainability, being the Treasurer on our board requires certain skills. To be suitable for this role our Treasurer would need to have or be willing to learn:
- High level of personal and professional integrity and honesty.
- Work in a volunteer capacity
- High level of financial literacy and accounting skills and experience are preferable
- Holistic problem-solving skills and strategic thinking
- Manage budgets, reporting and advising on grant applications
- Advising the Board on matters of finance and discussing recommendations/ financial forecasting
- Preparation of financial reports
- Eager to discuss growth and patience with other board members who might be still learning
- Ensuring Longboard Family uses its finances in an impactful and transparent way.
- Can learn new technology programs or apps that Longboard Family uses
- Present on financial status in board meetings, particularly the annual AGM
We are still growing and still looking for new partners who support this mission but we are excited to where we have come from, where we are at, and looking into the future to where we are going. And we are excited to welcome a new Treasurer and a Vice-President onboard!
EOIs close on Friday, 9 July 2021
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact us at 0434 882 982.
We look forward to receiving your expression of interest!
About the organisation
Longboard Family Inc. is a small newly established non profit organisation based in Brisbane. Our vision is focused on purpose, people, and possibilities, through longboarding. We aim to build community, build the individuals identity and mental health, and build options for them, through teaching them new skills.
Our programs combine the opportunity to learn longboarding with mindfulness as we promote mental health. We run extensive school holiday programs through Brisbane City Council's Active and Healthy Program as well as Logan City Council's KRANK School Holiday Program and Ipswich City Council's Active Breaks Program. During school terms we promote mental wellbeing at schools with our Longboarding and Mindfulness programs for young people.
To ensure our programs benefit those in need of skill development or support we focus on young people at risk and/or young people experiencing ill mental health. We do this in collaboration with our partners at BABI Youth & Family Service, and headspace in Woolloongabba, Warwick and Southport.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Treasurer / Vice-President via Pro Bono Australia.