About the role
The Treasurer is responsible for managing all income and expenditure of Abbeyfield Garran Inc. Abbeyfield Garran Inc is a not-for-profit run by volunteers which manages a house for residents with mild intellectual disability. Its income is derived from payment of resident fees, some of which is drawn from their NDIS packages.
Description The Treasurer:
1. Receives and pays all accounts on time with reference to the management committee. Most arrive by email and all are paid by EFT or direct debit.
2. Pays wages for 3 paid staff fortnightly and sends out payslips fortnightly.
3. Liaises with housekeepers monthly to ensure budget is adhered to, and
to check all receipts.
4. Invoice 9 NDIS providers and reconcile their accounts. Chase up if
5. Check that all other receipts from residents are received and reconciled.
Chase up if needed.
6. Pay superannuation monthly.
7. Pay BAS quarterly.
8. Prepare monthly financial reports for management committee: Profit and
Loss and Balance Sheet.
9. Prepare monthly reports to management committee on expenditure in
last 4 weeks, as well as report on NDIS income.
10. Prepare end of year financial reports and deliver to auditor.
11. Present audited accounts to AGM and to Charities Commission.
NOTE: The Treasurer works with a bookkeeper who specialises in working with not-for-profits and who enters all figures into a MYOB program and lodges superannuation and BAS with the ATO and prepares wage calculations and Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports from material provided by Treasurer.
Mandatory working with vulnerable people card The Treasurer would preferably have some experience of very basic accounting principles and may have a background in a similar role with other organisations or in a small business. However basic financial literacy would be adequate and we will provide training and handover.
About the organisation
Abbeyfield Garran Inc is a not for profit run by volunteers which manages a house for people with disabilities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.