About the role
Meetings: Approximately bi-monthly in Sydney (via Zoom during COVID)
Area of Expertise: Finance/accounting
Organisation type: Not for Profit
Remuneration: Volunteer (no expenses paid)
Applications close: 20 November 2020
Accessible Arts is a NSW-based service organisation whose mission is to advance the rights of, and opportunities for, people with disability and/or who are Deaf, to develop and sustain professional careers in the arts and have equitable access to arts and culture across NSW. The company receives multi-year funding from Create NSW and a range of other government and philanthropic support. Further detail can be found on the company’s website at https://www.aarts.net.au/
Due to the retirement of a long-standing director, Accessible Arts is seeking a qualified Treasurer with appropriate skills to join our team. The current board includes directors with a wide range of skills, including a number of practising artists and people with disability. It has a small, dedicated staff based at the Arts Exchange in The Rocks (currently working at least part of the time from home). The board leads the company’s strategic and operational planning, and planning for an uncertain future is a priority.
Accessible Arts is a registered charity with DGR status. We particularly encourage people with lived experience of disability or Deafness to apply.
- CP or equivalent qualifications or experience such as an accounting, treasury or financial background.
- A willingness to participate actively in the development of Accessible Arts, including attending scheduled meetings and events .
- An understanding of, and willingness to fulfil, the duties outlined in the Role Statement.
- Familiarity with the accounting package Xero and a willingness to support staff in preparing financial board reports and annual budgets, as well as undertake minor banking duties as required.
- AICD qualifications (or equivalent)
- Lived experience of disability
- Knowledge and experience in the arts and/or not-for-profit sector
How to apply
For further information please contact:
Kerry Comerford (CEO), +61 (0)419 254 128 or email@example.com.
Applications close November 20 (5pm)
Please send your written application and CV, along with a response to the selection criteria, to:
Kerry Comerford, CEO
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to follow Accessible Arts’ recruitment policy, which includes an interview process (possibly to be held via Zoom) and attending at least one board meeting as an observer (also via Zoom). The company’s policy can be provided on request.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 419254128
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Treasurer - Accessible Arts via Pro Bono Australia.