About the Role
AADO is seeking an energetic and strategic thinking accountant to take on the part-time role of Treasurer in a small, reputable Melbopurne-based NGO delivering education and training to women and their families in Afghanistan. The AADO Treasurer position is a voluntary one and is an elected Office Holder of the Committee of Management. The Treasurer will work in close co-operation with founder and Executive Director, Dr Nouria Salehi AOM, and the Executive Team. A Book Keeper volunteer, working directly with Kabul, reports to the Treasurer.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of small community organisations and the challenges of delivering programs through local teams in complex post-conflict countries like Afghanistan. Experience with cross-cultural communication will be an advantage.
The Treasurer has the responsibility for all matters related to annual financial reporting and accountability including matters related to DGR status. Key duties of the role are to prepare the annual operating budget, manage the bank accounts, monitor the acquittal of grant funds, and provide the committee with an overview of the financial status of the organisation.
Specifically, the Treasurer will:
• oversee the financial administration of AADO
• cast yearly budgets for AADO’s program of work, working closely with the Executive Team
• develop and monitor the financial strategy
• document and develop AADO’s business model
• work with the executive team to review and strengthen procedures and policies related to financial and risk matters
• conduct monthly financial reporting
• prepare project budgets for proposals and grants to generate funds for the organisation
Committee of Management meetings are held monthly on the second Tuesday of the month between 6 – 7.30pm in Fitzroy.
Go to aado.org.au for more information about AADO and its work, including Annual Reports.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0418477277
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Treasurer: Afghan Australian Development Organisation (AADO) via Pro Bono Australia.