About the role
The Treasurer participates as an active member of the PFA Board and Fundraising Committee.
We are interested in applications from any LGBTIQA+ individuals from any region of Australia, but particularly:
- from Tasmania, Queensland, Northern Territory, the ACT and South Australia
- people of colour
- trans, gender diverse or non-binary people
A Position Description is available from our web site www.pridefoundation.org.au
Applications should address the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary financial qualification preferably in business or accounting
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting and accounts management
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and flexibly, as well as cooperatively as part of a team
- Conversant with MYOB
- Experience working in the LGBTIQ communities, either paid or as a volunteer
- Experience or knowledge of philanthropy
- Experience in fundraising for the community sector
Applications and a CV are due on Sunday 30/1/22
About the organisation
The Pride Foundation Australia (PFA) is a national philanthropic foundation and one of few organisations that is specifically focused on funding lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) issues in Australia. PFA actively works to increase philanthropic support for the Australian LGBTIQ and allied communities through fundraising, grant giving, collaboration and commissioning projects. PFA adopts a social change model of philanthropy and has a dedicated focus on advancing equity for the most disadvantaged LGBTIQ Australians, including advocating for systemic change. Specific LGBTIQ focus areas to date have been ageing, homelessness and disability; and a new focus area on asylum seekers and refugees is underway.
Since our first grant in 2010, PFA has made $425k in grants (46 large and 79 small grants) to which other philanthropic funds have contributed an additional $600k in co-funding.
PFA is entirely volunteer- run with a Board of LGBTIQ leaders located around Australia.
How to apply
Please apply via email with your CV and address the selection criteria. Also include your LGBTIQA+ community experience and personal reasons for applying for the role.
Please quote in application: Treasurer and Board member via Pro Bono Australia.