About the Role
The TreeProject Management Committee is seeking to fill the position of Treasurer.
Sowing the seeds for a sustainable future.TreeProject Inc is a non-profit organisation which brings urban and rural Victorians together to grow and plant native seedlings. Our idea is simple: people in the city grow seedlings in their own backyards to help people in the country revegetate their land with locally indigenous seedlings. TreeProject began back in 1988 and since then has helped put well over two million trees back on the land.
Brief for Treasurer – Committee of Management
- Present finance update at monthly Committee of Management meetings (second Thursday evening of the month at TreeProject office in Flinders Lane)
- Participate and contribute to Committee discussion, including annual strategy. Make recommendations regarding expenditure and state of accounts
- Ensure accounts are audited annually
- financial records for auditor
- quarterly BAS and associated journals
- end of year adjusting journals, including reconciliation of payroll journals and timesheets
- payment summaries for staff
- budget, with input from Committee
- Authorise online expenditure payments
- Ensure priority payments and adhoc forms are submitted promptly
- Adherence to the organisation’s rules for the role of Treasurer
[Tasks can be delegated but the Treasurer must take ultimate responsibility]
Prior experience of Xero will be well-regarded.
Preferably have some experience with payroll or a willingness to become up-to-date with payroll ATO requirements
Minimum commitment of two years required
What we can offer:
- Satisfaction of being part of an organisation that grows upwards of 100,000 seedlings per year for revegetation work in rural Victoria.
- A committed and multi-skilled committee
How to apply for this role:
Please submit a CV and a covering letter to, email@example.com, detailing relevant work experience and why you are interested in filling the voluntary position of Treasurer with TreeProject.
To find out more about TreeProject please view, www.treeproject.org.au
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 03 9650 9477
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Treasurer – Committee Member via Pro Bono Australia.