About the role
About Diverse Voices
Diverse Voices provides a confidential, anonymous Queensland-based specialised peer to peer phone, webchat and referral support service, connecting people of diverse bodies, genders, relationships and sexualities with the aim of reducing isolation.
Volunteer managed and staffed by trained peer identified volunteers and registered counsellors, we offer a safe space wherein a diversity of voices provide empathic, unconditional support for the mental health and social well-being of those who identify with gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer/questioning and associated populations.
Along with the Executive members of the Management Committee, the role involves :
- Legal responsibility for the governance and oversight of the organisation.
- Attendance at general monthly meetings to:
- review operational reports from personnel and project staff, as well as from the Management Committee members
- review the financial reports
- discuss business arising and make strategic decisions on issues that require attention
- Review of documents and matters that arise between meetings requiring decisions (where necessary) and prior to the Management Committee monthly meeting
- Attendance at events and meetings requiring a Management perspective external to the organisation
- Assistance with recruitment and general HR processes
- Provision of supervision and role review to staff
A full induction to the organisation and the roles will be offered to the successful incumbent.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0412301496
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Treasurer - Diverse Voices Management Committee via Pro Bono Australia.